All of The Sahuarita Sun's coverage of the novel coronavirus outbreak
The Sahuarita Unified School District is uncertain if Chinese Mandarin will be offered in the future at elementary, middle and intermediate levels as the Confucius Institute, which covered the cost of instructors for those schools, will close this summer.
CONTACT US: 520-625-5511
- Server claiming to work for QC posts memo on virus
- Fourth of July, summer programs, etc: Here's summer in Sahuarita
- Renter scammed in 'no-see, no-contact' transaction
- County prioritizes viral testing for the most vulnerable
- Town sees increase in park misuse, minor violations
- Supporting Super Students: Still have struggling readers?
- Local care homes: Early lockdowns helped prevent higher death tolls
Pima County plans to release 17 best practices for restaurants as dine-in service resumes on Monday.
Gov. Doug Ducey on Monday gave the go-ahead for barber shops and salons to open Friday and restaurants to follow on Monday.
Gracie Mejia, a senior at Sahuarita High School, has signed to play softball with Peru State College in Iowa.
A roundup of sports throughout Sahuarita.
Walden Grove senior Owen Berry won the state championship and now he's looking forward to college.
- MAY IS NATIONAL DENTAL CARE MONTH!
- Bored at Home? Tips to Enjoy Staying In
- Helping the Elderly at this Critical TIme
- Could you have digital eye strain?
- 5 Places Pests Love to Hide
- Communication in the Time of COVID
- Coronavirus, exercise and vein problems
- New Ways of Working Together
- The Real Estate Market in Coronavirus Times
- PROTECT YOUR INDOOR AIR QUALITY FROM VIRUSES
There are a number of large, native shrubs that grow well in the desert’s alkaline soil, low water availability, and extreme summer temperatures. Following are three such shrubs that can flourish in our desert environment.
As March roared in with serious news about the coronavirus pandemic and orders to stay home, Green Valley artists Rich Metcalf and Deanna Brooks came up with a imaginative way to keep artists creatively busy indoors.
We all need a little escapism right now, which is what makes today’s film pretty much perfect for another night shut inside and socially distancing. “Escape from Alcatraz” is a fictionalized telling of the infamous escape of three prisoners from The Rock, possibly the only successful escape in the prison’s history. Director Don Siegel crafts a magnificent, minimalist slow-burning thriller, helped along by a great cast including an in-his-prime Clint Eastwood. Even though it was released more than 30 years ago, there is still something captivating about this bare-bones movie about a prison break.
Walden Grove High School will hold its official graduation on Aug. 1, but that didn't stop a gathering Thursday night — their original graduat…
Walden Grove and Sahuarita high schools celebrated Senior Night Friday, Oct. 25. They honored their football players, managers, trainers, band…
Vice President Mike Pence visited Caterpillar's Tinaja Hills facility west of Green Valley on Oct. 3, 2019, to tout the United States-Mexico-C…
Pima County has opened up registration for those who want to vote by mail in the Aug. 4 primary election.
More than a month after the Rosemont Mine received its final permit to being operations, the Pima County Board of Supervisors passed a resolution opposing the project on a 3-2 vote.
After an up and down ballot count that initially had Propositions 469 and 470 in the lead on Election Night, only to have those numbers swing …
The two incumbents seeking re-election to Sahuarita’s Town Council have retained their seats and will be joined by Dalia Zimmerman. Zimmerman …
- Ducey press conference: Elective surgery OK'd; info on reopening economy
- First Pima County resident diagnosed with coronavirus; events canceled
- Three apprehended after suspects run into neighborhood
- Puerto Rico resident, former SUSD student, tied to online threat
- Police: Man drives vehicle into lake