United Community Health Center received 800 doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine to provide to people 75 years old or older. On Jan. 21, 2021, they created a drive-thru vaccination site at Sahuarita High School. Though it was raining, cars kept driving up and medical providers continued to administer the vaccinations.
Reporter Jamie Verwys grew up in Sahuarita and graduated from the high school in 2006. She lives in Tucson and graduated from the University of Arizona with a bachelor’s degree in journalism in 2018.
As featured on
- Ducey press conference: Elective surgery OK'd; info on reopening economy
- First Pima County resident diagnosed with coronavirus; events canceled
- Three apprehended after suspects run into neighborhood
- Puerto Rico resident, former SUSD student, tied to online threat
- Police: Man drives vehicle into lake