On Sept. 17, 2020, K-5 students returned to Sahuarita Unified School District schools for the first time since schools closed in March due to the COVID-19 pandemic for a hybrid model of learning.
The Sahuarita Sun spent time at Anza Trail School as students and teachers got back into the swing of school with new procedures, reduced class sizes and extra cleaning protocols.
Reporter Jamie Verwys grew up in Sahuarita and graduated from the high school in 2006. She lives in Tucson and graduated from the University of Arizona with a bachelor’s degree in journalism in 2018.
As featured on
- Ducey press conference: Elective surgery OK'd; info on reopening economy
- First Pima County resident diagnosed with coronavirus; events canceled
- Three apprehended after suspects run into neighborhood
- Puerto Rico resident, former SUSD student, tied to online threat
- Police: Man drives vehicle into lake