Does the company I use have certified technicians?

Air conditioning technicians must have an EPA 608 certification before they can handle refrigerant or make refrigerant adjustments to your AC system. This is the bare minimum certification and does not guarantee the technician’s competency.

Some companies invest in training their team members. Their technicians may receive more training and certifications from organizations such as Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA), a nonprofit that writes the standards for the design, maintenance, installation and performance of indoor environment systems.

The highest level of training and certification in the industry is awarded by North American Technician Excellence (NATE), the nation’s largest non-profit certification organization for heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC) technicians. NATE-certified technicians are the best of the best.

How do I know if a company is qualified to deal with all aspects of my HVAC system?

Check them out! Just because they have information on their web site doesn’t necessarily mean they have the training and certifications. Check their reviews; check with the BBB and registrar of contractors.

Go to NATE’s website, www.natex.org, to find contractors with certified technicians. To find quality contractors on ACCA’s web site visit https://www.acca.org/qa/qa-directory.

The most important job for an HVAC contractor is to find the best solutions for you. Make sure you feel your contractor will help you do this.

For a company with trained, certified HVAC technicians – for problems and system checkups -- call Green Valley Cooling & Heating at 520-625-1234.


Recommended for you

Load comments